Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

M3/M4 Unplanned Incoming...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Took the F90 M5 to the usual dealer for an MOT today, saw this and bought it.

G80 M3 X-Drive in Dravit Grey, black interior, tech plus, visibility and comfort packs, black calipers and some wheel upgrade.

I'm getting too old for carbon seats and too impatient to wait for a personal build, so will collect next week.

No intention of one single mod.

Unknown.jpeg

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Nice, one of my mates has his in dravit, it looks awesome in bright sunlight.

Enjoy on collection day when it comes.

Denso

Last edited by a moderator:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
YESSS!

Lovely. I wouldnt go for the bucket seats on one of these either. They look great but incompatible with my fat arse and my stingy wallet. Will be interested in your thoughts on this compared to the M5. The M3 is the better-looking car in my opinion but I'd be keen to hear what the luxuriousness of it is in comparison to the M5.

Was only a matter of time before you ended up in something else. The F90 will go down as one of my best ever cars, but you can't keep them forever. Need a change and I get the impression you'd been thinking about one on and off for a while now?

Post more pics when you get it please!

Last edited:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
YESSS!

Lovely. I wouldnt go for the bucket seats on one of these either. They look great but incompatible with my fat arse and my stingy wallet. Will be interested in your thoughts on this compared to the M5. The M3 is the better-looking car in my opinion but I'd be keen to hear what the luxuriousness of it is in comparison to the M5.

Was only a matter of time before you ended up in something else. The F90 will go down as one of my best ever cars, but you can't keep them forever. Need a change and I get the impression you'd been thinking about one on and off for a while now?

Post more pics when you get it please!

Thanks bud and yes, will update when I collect in ten days or so.

They paid me strong money for the M5 on the basis I left the bits on the car, so glad not to be stripping it. The tracker and dash cams alone are a hassle to me.

Certainly not as luxurious - I'll miss the leather dash, but it is comfy and things like the carbon interior trim is nicer than the M5 etc. All the gadgets I'm used to, just not as big a lump to park.

Being a showroom car worked in terms of a deal, so the choices were made for me, but choices I would have made in any case. One 'odd' option is wheels with rack tyres. Didn't pay much attention in the showroom, but he says they're the best for the car and at over £700 additional, must be something, but no idea what they are?

The only consideration is PPF, as I really don't want to go down the modding rabbithole to be honest. Carbon kit to replace gloss black is about seven grand - I just can't be bothered.

GTechniq do a serum ultra with a 9 year protection and will investigate in place of PPF, but after that, I'll just enjoy the car as is.

I always missed my F80.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Agree on the carbon. I don’t see the point of swapping out gloss black to carbon and if I’m honest, I personally prefer gloss black. Only time I’ve gone for carbon is on a black cars so that there’s a bit of a contrast. On anything lighter than that gloss black gives you it anyway. I can easily think of a thousand other things I’d spend 7 grand on. Would be different if it came with it already.

My RS5, M3 and Ghibli were all showroom cars. Can’t beat just going in and buying the fucker, knowing you’re getting it in a week or so. Contrast that to my business partners Taycan. He was finally due to collect it yesterday but Porsche have put a stop-sale on all Taycan’s leaving the dealership for mandatory battery testing. Could be days. Could be weeks!

Also you end up getting a better deal on a new car with more kit. Win win.

Don’t be stingy with the photies and your thoughts. I love these!!

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Oooosh, well I did not see this coming you dark horse!

That's a wicked car and colour, congrats, interested to hear your thoughts on it after you have settle in with it!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Oooosh, well I did not see this coming you dark horse!

That's a wicked car and colour, congrats, interested to hear your thoughts on it after you have settle in with it!

Thanks bud and yes, will post thoughts after collection. I’m away so it’ll be a week or so, but then away again, so think I’ll get it straight into the detailers for a decontamination and ceramic coat. He’s researching a new 9 year Gtechniq coating and need to decide between that and a front end PPF.

I’ve sworn to myself no mods, but need to see how it sits first out on the road and take it from there.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Thanks bud and yes, will post thoughts after collection. I’m away so it’ll be a week or so, but then away again, so think I’ll get it straight into the detailers for a decontamination and ceramic coat. He’s researching a new 9 year Gtechniq coating and need to decide between that and a front end PPF.

I’ve sworn to myself no mods, but need to see how it sits first out on the road and take it from there.

No mods eh!

Lets see if you can resist! To be honest, the M3 looks good out the box, its the M4 that is a bit lame to me. I See lots about and its a rare car that I prefer the 4 door!

But seriously congrats, love seeing and hearing about members buying new cars and their thoughts on them, and must have been a difficult decision, letting go a very tasteful M5.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
No mods eh!

Lets see if you can resist! To be honest, the M3 looks good out the box, its the M4 that is a bit lame to me. I See lots about and its a rare car that I prefer the 4 door!

But seriously congrats, love seeing and hearing about members buying new cars and their thoughts on them, and must have been a difficult decision, letting go a very tasteful M5.

The M5 was everything but it never stood out as a car I’d buy again :eek:

Comfy and quick yes, but it missed something and only kept it so long because the deal was so good and the replacement options nowhere near as good. But never got excited to get in it.

Really enjoyed my F80 M3 Comp and when I saw this it was an immediate drool.

Made the right choice - too late now :p

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Excellent - I also prefer the 4 door. Congrats. What are rack tyres?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Insurance almost killed the deal.

Current insurer refused, as did most of the usual subjects, getting way above five grand from comparison sites.

Ended up covering with a quality insurer, with inclusive gap and oddly any driver (no age restriction). Top level tracker, which is being swapped over.

Suppose it’s all about the theft.

A tough pill to swallow, but it’s just the market we are in.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Insurance almost killed the deal.

Current insurer refused, as did most of the usual subjects, getting way above five grand from comparison sites.

Ended up covering with a quality insurer, with inclusive gap and oddly any driver (no age restriction). Top level tracker, which is being swapped over.

Suppose it’s all about the theft.

A tough pill to swallow, but it’s just the market we are in.

I paid £900 for my RRS, when I got the quote from the comparison sites, I thought I entered a Learjet by mistake. I have never paid over £500 for any of my other cars in the last 5 years. This country is getting worse.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I paid £900 for my RRS, when I got the quote from the comparison sites, I thought I entered a Learjet by mistake. I have never paid over £500 for any of my other cars in the last 5 years. This country is getting worse.

It’s mad and my age, 12 years no claims etc, just the robbers push it and literally insurers don’t want these cars.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
When i looked at a TTRS last year i did a few comparisons for insurance. I declared the projected mods and was quoted about £650 as an average cost. Fast forward to this year and with all the same mods as discussed as last year the cheapest i could find was £1190.

I cant see how they can justify these prices, we are just getting robbed.

Denso

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
When i looked at a TTRS last year i did a few comparisons for insurance. I declared the projected mods and was quoted about £650 as an average cost. Fast forward to this year and with all the same mods as discussed as last year the cheapest i could find was £1190.

I cant see how they can justify these prices, we are just getting robbed.

Denso

Same mate. M5 went from about a grand to almost two on renewal and more again for the M3 purely as they insist on RRP for value.

Hopefully not the way it will stay, but not letting it spoil the new car arrival - but I did think of cancelling for about 4 seconds.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Agree on the M5 @The Revenant as a package in terms of performance, luxury and driver engagement it’s is peerless but it’s too much of a sleeper car. A handsome machine no doubt but even with thousands in mods thrown at it, it was invisible on the road. Maybe I’m just too much of a poseur! The new M3 is a much more desirable looking thing in my view. I was always a fan of it looks from the start.

Re insurance. £1500 for the Taycan this year. Electric cars are getting hammered. £450 for the TTS and the R8 is only fifty quid dearer. Mental.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Agree on the M5 @The Revenant as a package in terms of performance, luxury and driver engagement it’s is peerless but it’s too much of a sleeper car. A handsome machine no doubt but even with thousands in mods thrown at it, it was invisible on the road. Maybe I’m just too much of a poseur! The new M3 is a much more desirable looking thing in my view. I was always a fan of it looks from the start.

Re insurance. £1500 for the Taycan this year. Electric cars are getting hammered. £450 for the TTS and the R8 is only fifty quid dearer. Mental.

Value plays a massive part it seems with new cars, so that’s possibly the issue with the Taycan?

mince a year old you can almost name your value to a degree, just needs to be RRP for a new car. Anything over £50-60k is almost a straight no. Ended up with a really decent company, plus good inclusive elements and no issue with mods either. Just too expensive, but glad the effort found a good option for the future.

I’m a warranty mug with new cars and always wanted to lower the M5 etc, but no bottle, then got bored and genuinely think I’ll stay the same with the M3.

I genuinely don’t get the support for the M5. It just didn’t give me a buzz. Was a lovely car overall, which could fly, but give me back my F80 for a hoon any day of the week.

I do sub 8k a year, so not an M5 driver I don’t think. Conversely, I think I’ll enjoy the M3 an awful lot more.

Senna11

Racing Driver
Congratulations although crying out for CF splitter! Not a fan of the G8X though and much prefer the M5. Great colour by the way.