Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

M3/M4 Unplanned Incoming...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Congratulations although crying out for CF splitter! Not a fan of the G8X though and much prefer the M5. Great colour by the way.

Just no :D to carbon!

Can’t say I wouldn’t love to, but I’m going to enjoy it as it was built for a time.

Loved the G80 since launch, so really looking forward to it, as much as it side swiped me somewhat.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Just no :D to carbon!

Can’t say I wouldn’t love to, but I’m going to enjoy it as it was built for a time.

Loved the G80 since launch, so really looking forward to it, as much as it side swiped me somewhat.

Might have changed my mind on mods lol.

Restricting to a front splitter and air ducts at the front for now. Maybe stick to gloss black, not sure yet.

Saw it again today, out of the showroom and really pleased with Dravit. It has a bronze fleck in it and really pops in the sunlight. Looking forward to seeing it after the detailer has corrected the paint and coated it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS

Restricting to a front splitter and air ducts at the front for now. Maybe stick to gloss black, not sure yet.

Saw it again today, out of the showroom and really pleased with Dravit. It has a bronze fleck in it and really pops in the sunlight. Looking forward to seeing it after the detailer has corrected the paint and coated it.

Dravit’s a great colour. At first glance it looks like a flat grey but it has a nice, subtle complexity to it that really pops in the sun. I went to see a Dravit M4 up at a local dealer last year when I was contemplating binning my Taycan order due to delays. It’s a great colour choice.

Last edited:

Senna11

Racing Driver

I remember you dithering over skirts for your M5🤣

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I remember you dithering over skirts for your M5🤣

I’ve closed my browser and apart from a thorough detailing, it’s being left alone for the time being.

DaveA

Boy Racer
Drives
BMW M135i xDrive
Being a showroom car worked in terms of a deal, so the choices were made for me, but choices I would have made in any case. One 'odd' option is wheels with rack tyres. Didn't pay much attention in the showroom, but he says they're the best for the car and at over £700 additional, must be something, but no idea what they are?

Am assuming they mean "track" tyres... My GT3 was on "Cup" tyres and so have some experience to share (basically they come with about 4mm of tread when new and a compound/construction more suited to, err, spirited driving hahaha...)... Yes, they are lovely, in the right conditions, which do not really include much in the way of winter driving... If you are going for cold, wet, snow, ice etc then I would definitely recommend a second set of wheels/tryes to pop on in the colder months... As a rule of thumb, I swapped mine over (summer to winter) when I felt it necessary to turn on the heating and then back again when I felt I could turn off the heating... I think the suggestion was 6 degrees C (or less) air temps was a good swapping point... But you can check with the manufacturers...

My cup tyres were Michelin... I used Pirelli Sottozero winters...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Am assuming they mean "track" tyres... My GT3 was on "Cup" tyres and so have some experience to share (basically they come with about 4mm of tread when new and a compound/construction more suited to, err, spirited driving hahaha...)... Yes, they are lovely, in the right conditions, which do not really include much in the way of winter driving... If you are going for cold, wet, snow, ice etc then I would definitely recommend a second set of wheels/tryes to pop on in the colder months... As a rule of thumb, I swapped mine over (summer to winter) when I felt it necessary to turn on the heating and then back again when I felt I could turn off the heating... I think the suggestion was 6 degrees C (or less) air temps was a good swapping point... But you can check with the manufacturers...

My cup tyres were Michelin... I used Pirelli Sottozero winters...

Thanks for this and yes, track tyres i misspelt.

I just find it an odd choice for a dealer spec car at £950 (checked). But agree I’ll need a winter set.

I collect tomorrow, so will update once I know what is on the car.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Tyres are Pirellli P-Zero.

Collected the car and thankfully, Mr Impulse loves it!

I'll miss leather dash and door cards etc, but the car feels like a weapon, which the M5 didn't for me. Don't get me wrong, the M5 could shift, but didn't need much concentration day to day and this is FAR more involved. I got two thumbs up on the way home too.

Tech is bonkers and still playing about with it.

I'll add more info when used a little and pics following its first detail, but the no modding is easier when you get these as standard…

IMG_1962.jpeg

Last edited:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Teenage mod today.

Saw this on an M4 in the showroom, but salesman said they leave the M3 blank. You’ll just end up with a marked plain black piece of trim.

£29 for the OEM part and a bit fiddly to get out, so centre console dismantle, bit think it looks miles better.

For those wondering what, it’s the lettered up part, which is the two joined pieces under the iDrive controller.
IMG_1965.jpeg

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Teenage mod today.

Saw this on an M4 in the showroom, but salesman said they leave the M3 blank. You’ll just end up with a marked plain black piece of trim.

£29 for the OEM part and a bit fiddly to get out, so centre console dismantle, bit think it looks miles better.

For those wondering what, it’s the lettered up part, which is the two joined pieces under the iDrive controller.
View attachment 3188

I'd heard about this. Basically they dropped it from later cars I believe?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Crying out for some exterior carbon..

Not going there!

Just a cheapish gloss black front splitter and tshat's me done.

I'll see how it all looks when detailed next week.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Simple gloss black three piece front splitter arrived today from AutoID's 'essential' collection.

Left in the box to be fitted next week at the detail, along with a set of pressed aluminium plates - slightly shorter one for the rear.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
My old car has hit the used car listings. Five days since collection, only five grand more than they paid me and a ton better than many on AT, or Facebook groups.

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
My old car has hit the used car listings. Five days since collection, only five grand more than they paid me and a ton better than many on AT, or Facebook groups.

Although one of the nicest, and I thoroughly appreciate its abilities, they are just not exciting enough for me!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Although one of the nicest, and I thoroughly appreciate its abilities, they are just not exciting enough for me!

Nor me mate. Can’t believe I kept it as long as I did. I blame Covid :D

Back where I left off and loving it. I do love a new car and nothing else shouted at me.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Nor me mate. Can’t believe I kept it as long as I did. I blame Covid :D

Back where I left off and loving it. I do love a new car and nothing else shouted at me.

I think it was a worthy replacement. I was one of the rare people that liked it when it first came out.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
It’s in…

55b507fb-077b-4ab0-9544-90b043e42f9f.jpeg
The cheap splitter basically didn’t fit, so that’s going back.

Nothing beats OEM, but really don’t want to invest that much, so will see how it looks after it’s had a pampering.