Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

M3/M4 Unplanned Incoming...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
So, last interior upgrade completed, being the alcantara knee rests, which are better looking, more comfortable than the stock hard plastic and go well with the armrest.

IMG_2245.jpeg

c7f9027d-2e92-4ab5-b5aa-1bb60bef02e0.jpeg

Last edited:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Very nice did you have them covered or are they a genuine BMW extra?

Genuine part. They come with the aluminium piece too, which runs along the centre console and makes it a little trickier to swap, but I’m getting very good!

I did consider sending to Royal to add M stitching, but decided it would be too much.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Genuine part. They come with the aluminium piece too, which runs along the centre console and makes it a little trickier to swap, but I’m getting very good!

I did consider sending to Royal to add M stitching, but decided it would be too much.

Looks nice, I have to say, when you do something, you do it right!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Continuing my new found appreciation of alcantara, I've just had the tracking number for these beauties.

M-Performance alcantara and carbon seat backs, which look a pretty simple install and albeit I won't see much of them, I just think they're a good value upgrade considering their size, so they will go on at the weekend and will post photos.

Bit boring, as I'm not planning much in terms of mods, but each bit gets me all of a giddy...

Unknown.png

StuartK

Chief Engineer
Value plays a massive part it seems with new cars, so that’s possibly the issue with the Taycan?

mince a year old you can almost name your value to a degree, just needs to be RRP for a new car. Anything over £50-60k is almost a straight no. Ended up with a really decent company, plus good inclusive elements and no issue with mods either. Just too expensive, but glad the effort found a good option for the future.

I’m a warranty mug with new cars and always wanted to lower the M5 etc, but no bottle, then got bored and genuinely think I’ll stay the same with the M3.

I genuinely don’t get the support for the M5. It just didn’t give me a buzz. Was a lovely car overall, which could fly, but give me back my F80 for a hoon any day of the week.

I do sub 8k a year, so not an M5 driver I don’t think. Conversely, I think I’ll enjoy the M3 an awful lot more.
It’s interested in previous gen I went M4, M5 and M4.

Loved the M5 especially when I had to drive across Europe but the M4 was always more “fun”. Especially in the mountains and Black Forest.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives

Loved the M5 especially when I had to drive across Europe but the M4 was always more “fun”. Especially in the mountains and Black Forest.

I went M3 to M5 to M3 and in all honesty I just found the M5 a bit big. I parallel park like a learner driver before their first lesson though!

Seat backs landed and there's some marks on the carbon. Not scratches, but some 'milking', which I've reported to BMW , but my detailer is going to have a butchers before deciding what to do.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS

I thought the M5 was a very capable and handsome car, but in the looks department it lagged behind it's rivals for drama. Both the E63 and RS6 are better looking things in my view. The drive was great and it was very chuckable for such a big tank, but like @Burnsey I'm not really the target audience for the miles and journey's that I do. I will say one thing, it drove better than my previous M6. That felt like a battleship.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I really enjoyed adding these and took literally 15 minutes for both. Photos don’t really do them justice - they are lovely…

Before…

4752b44a-d2c7-4d52-b6da-967dc56329a0.jpeg

During…

f55c50b1-bd58-4da9-9beb-db8a223b8fb2.jpeg

After…

0e60d536-13c0-431b-8ca5-72ee216bf631.jpeg

Sexy…

a0550fdd-d2d3-4dba-a30b-a45ce47cfe17.jpeg

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Wow. Those make a huge difference to the inside from the rears seats. Much more premium. I’m surprised other manufacturers don’t do these kind of parts. It must be a good source of revenue and it gives nice options to make the car your own.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Wow. Those make a huge difference to the inside from the rears seats. Much more premium. I’m surprised other manufacturers don’t do these kind of parts. It must be a good source of revenue and it gives nice options to make the car your own.

To be fair, there’s loads of stuff now off the standard list and it’s annoying to have to pay to upgrade, but in terms of size, these offer reasonable value for money compared to may parts.