Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

M3/M4 Unplanned Incoming...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
And now polished, ready for the ceramic coat tomorrow.

The paintwork was pretty good apparently. I asked the dealer not to wash and that made his job easier. The gloss black is the toughest element, but he says it’s like a mirror now…

e589af61-a84a-427b-a64a-a8714fb333c1.jpeg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
And because he’s a nerd, he’s M-Striped the mats :D

My no modding is holding relatively firm, but couldn’t resist the alcantara MP centre arm rest, so that’s on its way.

d10a5432-fe9f-4aa9-9755-5671fef9dd8a.jpeg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Ready for coating today.

So nice without the reg plinth too…

4f74dc0e-cf6e-4e06-8cd7-9709951a5f2c.jpeg
c1802ed3-61cd-4eeb-89e7-72cdd76b2514.jpeg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Collected from the detailers earlier in crap weather, but really pleased.

Got loads of photos, but time to scrub the tyres in and stop boring you all, plus I’m away now for a week or two, so last one for now…

5a4cb745-25b3-49d6-8c2d-7001589352e0.jpeg

Last edited:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Looks great. Look forward to seeing it with a nice gloss black front splitter to finish it off. ;)

Returned the shit one mate and holibobs now, so have a rethink when back.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Ok, so I bought some 12mm spacers for an all round stance change. Don’t really want to lower it, so see what it looks like after the spacers first.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
DEalercame back at £3,300 for the MP HAS kit, so cancelled. Too much for me, so just spacers to start with.

Senna11

Racing Driver
DEalercame back at £3,300 for the MP HAS kit, so cancelled. Too much for me, so just spacers to start with.
Well if you are going to fit a splitter then the last thing you want to do is lower it. Adjustability is fine but then how many actually change the settings? Springs would probably do the same job and easier to move on when you are finished.
I would fit some mud flaps though if putting spacers on…

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Well if you are going to fit a splitter then the last thing you want to do is lower it. Adjustability is fine but then how many actually change the settings? Springs would probably do the same job and easier to move on when you are finished.
I would fit some mud flaps though if putting spacers on…

I made the decision to lower and no splitter, but would only go OEM for warranty, but not at that cost, so back to a splitter.

A definite no to mudflaps though. I’ll take the rash!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Fitted the 12mm spacers all round and it improves the stance, albeit still gappy at the front.

Front splitter is awful quality and the fit is really poor, but it's on for now and the car looks better for it. Need to source a replacement.

There’s limited gloss black options and I still think they’re all out of the same Chinese factory, so need to decide will one piece of carbon on the front work, or look daft and if I could live with it, it’s OEM and a two grand purchase.

M-Performance alcantara centre armrest is lush.

That's it now, honestly :LOL:

Unknown.jpeg

Last edited: