Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

M3/M4 Unplanned Incoming...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
looks tremendous. Lets see the armrest.

It’s getting cleaned Monday and he’s a better photographer, so will show the spacers and armrest then bud.

Annoys me as can’t really see it when you drive :D

Last edited:

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
The 12.5mm spacers really do seem to visually drag the edge profile out much more than they did on the M5.

On the M5, the spacers seemed to lower the front arch gap, but this is still massive.

Need to expect severe road rash I’d say.

IMG_2131.jpeg

IMG_2132.jpeg

Last edited:

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Get yours self a role of PPF and cut sections for behind the rear arches. That’s what I did for the Taycan. Worked a treat.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Very lush this armrest.

A fairly inexpensive addition, but gives me a big smile - yep, easily pleased.

The poor aftermarket splitter is being swapped, so will pop back on. Annoyed with the quality I booked for the M-Performance carbon one to be installed alongside the running in service at the month end.

Massive cost, so will have a week or two to decide if it’s (i) worth the investment and (ii) I can cope with one sole piece of carbon on the car.

c7f9027d-2e92-4ab5-b5aa-1bb60bef02e0.jpeg

1d99afa7-c8a4-48fd-93d0-b5ea09b544cb.jpeg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Very lush this armrest.

A fairly inexpensive addition, but gives me a big smile - yep, easily pleased.

The poor aftermarket splitter is being swapped, so will pop back on. Annoyed with the quality I booked for the M-Performance carbon one to be installed alongside the running in service at the month end.

Massive cost, so will have a week or two to decide if it’s (i) worth the investment and (ii) I can cope with one sole piece of carbon on the car.

View attachment 3222

View attachment 3223

Very nice (y)

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
The saga of the front lip concluded today.

I really want to remain gloss black and not swap everything over to carbon. OEM carbon is ridiculous in cost and alhough there's plenty of aftermarket options, there's little gloss black.

Ordered a fairly cheap one following several recommendations, but is was beyond awful in terms of finish. Had a chat to the supplier and they quality checked another and sent it out - much better edges for a start. Installed it this morning and it's crap, absolute crap. Taught me a £300 lesson. Decided to run around for a week and see if I can live with no splitter. The only one I'd opt for now would be the OEM carbon, but the carbon wraps around the sides and not sure I want that contrast with the gloss black.

Even with spacers now installed, the front arch gap is big, so enquired regarding the OEM option and it's a no at £3,300. Out local last night and the car scraped a couple of times on speed humps - not the splitter, the various plastic/rubber deflectors underneat - that's enough for me to leave the lowering alone.

So, not much left to do really. I'll pop to the local PPF place and maybe cover the side skirts and areas close to the arches. Now I have the alcantara centre armrest, I've ordered a couple of knee rests to match, along with the M-Performance mats ready for next summer.

Notification on the mobile app today that a software upgrade was available. Popped to the car, pressed a few buttons, left it for twenty minutes as instructed and all done when I jumped back in. Great tech.

I genuinely love the car - how it looks, the options, tech, handling and ride overall.

Dravit Grey really changes when the sun is out and today is the first day it has been since purchase. It has a gold-ish fleck that really pops, then returns to flat grey…

IMG_4221.jpeg

Last edited:

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
The saga of the front lip concluded today.

I really want to remain gloss black and not swap everything over to carbon. OEM carbon is ridiculous in cost and alhough there's plenty of aftermarket options, there's little gloss black.

Ordered a fairly cheap one following several recommendations, but is was beyond awful in terms of finish. Had a chat to the supplier and they quality checked another and sent it out - much better edges for a start. Installed it this morning and it's crap, absolute crap. Taught me a £300 lesson. Decided to run around for a week and see if I can live with no splitter. The only one I'd opt for now would be the OEM carbon, but the carbon wraps around the sides and not sure I want that contrast with the gloss black.

Even with spacers now installed, the front arch gap is big, so enquired regarding the OEM option and it's a no at £3,300. Out local last night and the car scraped a couple of times on speed humps - not the splitter, the various plastic/rubber deflectors underneat - that's enough for me to leave the lowering alone.

So, not much left to do really. I'll pop to the local PPF place and maybe cover the side skirts and areas close to the arches. Now I have the alcantara centre armrest, I've ordered a couple of knee rests to match, along with the M-Performance mats ready for next summer.

Notification on the mobile app today that a software upgrade was available. Popped to the car, pressed a few buttons, left it for twenty minutes as instructed and all done when I jumped back in. Great tech.

I genuinely love the car - how it looks, the options, tech, handling and ride overall.

Get the OEM one and have it painted gloss black before fitting 👍

This was my previous TT carbon wing done in Gloss black as was the rest of the car.

IMG_1747.jpeg

Just to show the contrast this is the current TT with the same wing but in carbon,

0732fb6d-38c1-47c3-87a3-022f2439495a.jpeg

Denso

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Put the brakes on the mods.

Visit to the PPF place later in the week to do the side blades and a little more around the arches.

Found a good dealer who gives reasonable discount, so awaiting the M-Performance mats and door sills in carbon. BMW cost cutters cut the door sills from M3 Competition silver strips to just M3, so to me they’re a bit ugly. The OEM MP ones are lush.

From them I’ll just have to admire you lots cars and be happy.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Put the brakes on the mods.

Visit to the PPF place later in the week to do the side blades and a little more around the arches.

Found a good dealer who gives reasonable discount, so awaiting the M-Performance mats and door sills in carbon. BMW cost cutters cut the door sills from M3 Competition silver strips to just M3, so to me they’re a bit ugly. The OEM MP ones are lush.

From them I’ll just have to admire you lots cars and be happy.
Don’t give up, we need a new M3 build ready for when they are a few years old and I buy one!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Don’t give up, we need a new M3 build ready for when they are a few years old and I buy one!

I think it’s a good looker out of the box mate and I spend my time inside it, so making that my priority for now.

Would I add exterior carbon - yes. Would I spend seven grand getting the bits - not a chance!

Have to be OEM, so off the cards for now…

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
So, parts on the way after being introduced to a cracking (discount happy) dealer. They are simple:

M Performance mats
M Performance carbon door kick plates
Alcantara knee rests

Running in service next week too.

On carbon, I had some parts carbon skinned (real carbon) a few years ago for my bike and left them on when I sold it to a mate. The mate is selling the bike and gave them back to me, so popped them on today. No live pics as it's locked away, but they look great. It’s the highlighted pieces on the second pic.

IMG_2195.jpeg

IMG_1716.jpeg

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Ooer, a box came today from BMW. I do love a delivery...

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Drum role….

Not that exciting mate, but for every box of bits I get, you get a new car, so I was quite giddy :ROFLMAO:

Just the mats, door sills and knee rests. Will get some installed pics up.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Not that exciting mate, but for every box of bits I get, you get a new car, so I was quite giddy :ROFLMAO:

Just the mats, door sills and knee rests. Will get some installed pics up.
Awesome, they will look nice. It’s all the little touch’s that make the biggest difference. You seem more into this car than you did at any point with the M5, which is nice to see,.

You nearly got me looking at these rather than the CS, hell of car, I think I’d want your colour as well.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Awesome, they will look nice. It’s all the little touch’s that make the biggest difference. You seem more into this car than you did at any point with the M5, which is nice to see,.

You nearly got me looking at these rather than the CS, hell of car, I think I’d want your colour as well.

Mate, CSL in the guise you've gone for is lovely.

The F platform is fabulous and enjoyed my F80 for two years. I made a mistake I feel with the F90 M5 and suppose I like the G80 M3 more because it really is my 'type' of car. Yes it's still new, but really is a nice car and when excited to get a new set of mats, I know I made the right choice.

Can't wait to see yours and what you are going to do with it bud.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Mate, CSL in the guise you've gone for is lovely.

The F platform is fabulous and enjoyed my F80 for two years. I made a mistake I feel with the F90 M5 and suppose I like the G80 M3 more because it really is my 'type' of car. Yes it's still new, but really is a nice car and when excited to get a new set of mats, I know I made the right choice.

Can't wait to see yours and what you are going to do with it bud.

I'm not sure I can really do much to a CS ? its kinda out of the box right. Just gonna drive this and have a bit a fun while the 430 is tucked away. Hopefully when I'm done with it, it should return similar to what I paid for it.

I have been looking at other cars around for a 45k budget, and I think its an obvious and shrewd choice!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I'm not sure I can really do much to a CS ? its kinda out of the box right. Just gonna drive this and have a bit a fun while the 430 is tucked away. Hopefully when I'm done with it, it should return similar to what I paid for it.

I have been looking at other cars around for a 45k budget, and I think it’s an obvious and shrewd choice!

I wholeheartedly agree it’s a great choice for you especially.

You'll find something to mod - you always do!