Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Boba's Lime Rock Grey BMW M4 CS

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well it will be going on a trailer and delivered tomorrow. I did not get a penny off as they had a queue of people after it (salesman speak, we will never know) Its probably the only car I have ever bought that I paid the sticker price. I must be losing my touch!

Here is a vid of it in the showroom.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
To be fair mate, these things are close to £100k and it really is too much, but you're a long time dead.

That video did make the paint look very swirly, so the rain is not your first priority - get the thing to the detailers!

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
To be fair mate, these things are close to £100k and it really is too much, but you're a long time dead.

That video did make the paint look very swirly, so the rain is not your first priority - get the thing to the detailers!

Its a lot of money for a 4 series, and apparently the CS was 30k more the the M4 Comp! Not such a bad buy now though!

I’ll sort the paint out, that’s a 2 day mop to get that nice, but I enjoy getting it perfect.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Its a lot of money for a 4 series, and apparently the CS was 30k more the the M4 Comp! Not such a bad buy now though!

I’ll sort the paint out, that’s a 2 day mop to get that nice, but I enjoy getting it perfect.

Yep, still can't believe I paid more for the G80 than the F90 :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait to see your fettling!

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
Well the cuffs are on to a certain degree, because it’s under BMW warranty, but I’m sure I can improve it!
Silver surround to the light switch panel to match the air con and radio panels…? Just to start scratching the itch 😉

looks brill

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well its arrived home and it has been tipping it down! A couple of issues to sort out with the main dealer, but nothing worrying.

First impressions, I went into this car thinking that it would not drive that much better than the M4 comp, but it does! In every respect it is just dialled up a number of notches over the M4 Comp. This has just shocked me the most, how quicker, noisier, pointier and racier it feels, and on todays Wet roads, the front end is pin sharp with virtually no understeer, It also has a lovely lively back end and particularly in the wet it picks up the rear wheels at speed in third, so it needs some respect! I love that you cannot take this car for granted when pushing on! The interior is just enough to make it feel special over the regular M4, I do like the stripped out door cards and Alcantara trim everywhere.

Condition wise, well Its clearly been a looked after car, there is virtually no wear on the interior and it looks fresh and new, and a paint gauge also confirms its all original paint, so I am really pleased about this.

Hopefully we will have a nice day soon so I can explore its chassis a bit more! but impressed so far, Its a lovely thing to drive!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Gorgeous Boba! Lime Rock Grey is one of my favourite ever BMW colours.

Are the wheels sizes staggered on the CS same as the G80?

Lets see the interior!

PS - Have you binned the Range Rover?

Last edited:

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Gorgeous Boba! Lime Rock Grey is one of my favourite ever BMW colours.

Are the wheels sizes staggered on the CS same as the G80?

Lets see the interior!

PS - Have you binned the Range Rover?

Thanks I am very pleased. I never saw the car, just bought it blind and got it delivered. Was really worried what was going to turn up, but It has exceeded my expectations in both condition and the drive. The wheels are indeed 19" front and 20" rear, which messes with a mans OCD!

The Range Rover is still here, but its not being used and thinking it might be going now, my wife wants to keep the convertible (I thought I might entice her into the P400e with the time and money I spent on it, but nope) and for me, as fantastic a car the P400e is, in luxury, comfort and majesty, god its bloody boring!

Trim coming in another post!

Thanks matey (y)

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Only got the crappy quality dealer pictures to hand, I was to busy doing the outside!

Last edited:

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Really like this and great colour choice.

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
What do people think? This to me sits to high. I want to drop the car about 30mm but that means new lowering springs. So this would be for looks only. However, I am reluctant to do so because it handles and rides so well, and doing a search would suggest it spoils the ride and compromises how BMW engineers perfected the CS!

I this case it does not seem like a small price to pay, but a big one for the looks alone?