Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Boba's Lime Rock Grey BMW M4 CS

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
I usually lower for looks too but if it feels right out of the box i would leave it be. I had the same dilemma with the TTRS, really wanted to lower it but the office car park ramps are a killer already. I decided to leave it and had some geo done as best they could instead. So far i am happy with the results..

Denso

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Id leave it as is. I didn’t lower my TTS and have resisted on the R8 for same reason. I haven’t totally ruled it out but the ride on the V10+ is firm to the point of making conversation difficult on a bumpy road and I’m concerned about making it worse.

Might be an idea to slap spacers on it and decide from there.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Spacers already done mate! 15mm all-round. some times spacers can make it look even higher when you see more tyre tread!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Post me some of whatever you're smoking @boba fett :ROFLMAO:

Looks amazing as is!

My car has a serious front arch gap and the M4 has it front and back, but to lower my front I have to either change tyres to stop rubbing, or hack away and various plastic arch parts and then it would bottom out on speed humps.

I'm like you, it needs to look good, but decided only us petrol nerds notice it, so staying stock.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Post me some of whatever you're smoking @boba fett :ROFLMAO:

Looks amazing as is!

My car has a serious fronts arch gap and the M4 has it front and back, but to lower my front I have to either change tyres to stop rubbing, or hack away and various plastic arch parts and then it would bottom out on speed humps.

I'm like you, it needs to look good, but decided only us petrol nerds notice it, so staying stock.

Thanks mate. I do love your approach and it does ground me from time to time!

I thinks its staying as it is!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Thanks mate. I do love your approach and it does ground me from time to time!

I thinks its staying as it is!

You do get on my titties though...

Those black wheels have got me all of a fluster!

Although you could say mine is a slightly darker grey, they look so good and both the 827m and 1000m do look rather lovely, but the CS M827's are just lush...

BB7F3750-00FD-4C9E-892C-A90B4CE4C49F_1_201_a.jpeg

Attachments

• 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 2

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
You do get on my titties though...

Those black wheels have got me all of a fluster!

Although you could say mine is a slightly darker grey, they look so good and both the 827m and 1000m do look rather lovely, but the CS M827's are just lush...

View attachment 3246

I believe mine are orbit grey mate. They where standard like this. Looks like a similar finish as they are a Matt/ Satin finish.

I've heard they are quite possibly the worst wheels to clean!

Have you got a nice shot of you car you can post up for me?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I believe mine are orbit grey mate. They where standard like this. Looks like a similar finish as they are a Matt/ Satin finish.

I've heard they are quite possibly the worst wheels to clean!

Have you got a nice shot of you car you can post up for me?

Just valeter shots mate really (front splitter is in the bin now).

c7435650-0996-44c3-993b-d7f9273ea517.jpeg9dc46b27-3326-47ef-97fb-23596fbb8181.jpegbdc2f363-c880-4718-b246-1fb511185cbd.jpeg

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That's a Lovely car. I actually think thats the colour I would go for in one of these, I don't think the loud colours suit the G with its nostrils and all.

That Splitter looks bloody go though!

I quite like the wheels as they are, and its probably best to get the best of them until the old white worm sets in. Go a different colour then?

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
That's a Lovely car. I actually think thats the colour I would go for in one of these, I don't think the loud colours suit the G with its nostrils and all.

That Splitter looks bloody go though!

I quite like the wheels as they are, and it’s probably best to get the best of them until the old white worm sets in. Go a different colour then?

Splitter did finish it off but the fit was awful. Really need to be OEM, but only option is carbon, so living without for now.

Anyway, back on subject and yours!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Splitter did finish it off but the fit was awful. Really need to be OEM, but only option is carbon, so living without for now.

Anyway, back on subject and yours!

Pissing about with the Mini at the moment, with nearly 300bhp its a riot!

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
I think i need one of those plaques for Ruby 🤔

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I thought to myself I was not going to change anything on this, well I am a little. I want to get rid of the silver trim bits around the gearbox and steering wheel whilst adding a touch of carbon. So managed to get these M-Performance bit that will do just the job! I think the Alcantara and Carbon gear selector surround will look especially sweet.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Boba cannot help himself - I knew it!

But agree with those choices - let's see them installed and more pics once detailed.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well all fitted, but I am not as happy as I thought I'd be, mainly the Alcantara around the gear know is black, and the CS's is a Anthracite !

What do you guys think before or after, because its either keep or remove all the carbon just the steering wheel will look odd!