Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Boba's Lime Rock Grey BMW M4 CS

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well this is what I am dealing with, and I would appreciate any thoughts!

According to the used car manager this is what needs to be done: The engine needs to be properly opened up and then diagnosed with pictures and evidence, and a ZARA? case opened with BMW, Not just on what the Mastertech has diagnosed without removing anything (this will now be done Tuesday) They will then submit findings through this ZARA case to BMW who will approve the rejection of the car, then once the keys, car and paperwork are back at Sytner's Sheffield they will then refund the money.

Behind the scenes, the used car manager has asked BMW Ashford to do the warranty work on the engine!!!! and Ashford BMW can't do the work for 3 weeks!!! I am waiting on a call back from the used car manager and he is going to get both barrels!

There must be some rights that I never saw the car, I was informed of the cars mint condition, and I paid for it over the phone and it was delivered to me, so its a distance sale and its certainly not as described!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Well this is what I am dealing with, and I would appreciate any thoughts!

According to the used car manager this is what needs to be done: The engine needs to be properly opened up and then diagnosed with pictures and evidence, and a ZARA? case opened with BMW, Not just on what the Mastertech has diagnosed without removing anything (this will now be done Tuesday) They will then submit findings through this ZARA case to BMW who will approve the rejection of the car, then once the keys, car and paperwork are back at Sytner's Sheffield they will then refund the money.

Behind the scenes, the used car manager has asked BMW Ashford to do the warranty work on the engine!!!! and Ashford BMW can't do the work for 3 weeks!!! I am waiting on a call back from the used car manager and he is going to get both barrels!

There must be some rights that I never saw the car, I was informed of the cars mint condition, and I paid for it over the phone and it was delivered to me, so its a distance sale and its certainly not as described!

Stand your ground mate. I'd say you are spot oon and their checks will not repair the car, but will tell them what is wrong. The fact it needs test to tell them what IS wrong, means it is NOT right.

I'd say this is a dealer to dealer birchy issue, added to the fact Sheffield really want it back to bodge it.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Whatever those two dealerships want to do and the procedures they need to follow and whatever they need from BMW are absolutely nothing to do with you mate.

This is a sideshow to your rejection. The car was sold to you with a major fault in place at the point of sale and you’re exercising your rights. If you’ve not put it in writing you should do so and give them a reasonable time frame to refund your money.

Within the first 30 days of ownership it doesn’t matter if they can fix it or not. If they need a Zara case so they can claim their money from BMW, that’s their business. Not yours.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Cheers both, I have just emailed them this:

Hi, please see email chain, and I am getting increasingly concerned about the lack of urgency, clarity and your ever changing circumstances with this case. This is with regards to my formal rejection of BMW M4CS Reg number LB67 NXE.

I have today been down to BMW at Ashford to try to speed thing up. Now they cannot do this (now new to me) ZARA case until Tuesday. I have no idea what this has to do with me, there is clearly an issue with the engine (one known to BMW under service solutions formally PUMA) which has already been diagnosed by the Mastertech at BMW Ashford using the service solutions guidelines.

What also concerns me is, you have asked if BMW at Ashford can carry out the warranty work to fix the car? work that cannot be booked in for 3 weeks? This is outrageous behaviour, after telling me once we get the car back with keys and paperwork, you will then refund me. Once I get my money back for the car I don't care what arrangements you make thereafter.

Let me please remind you, I raised issues from the day it arrived at me, I have driven the car for 30 miles, all of which have been to make arrangements to put things right. This was a distance sale, delivered to me after paying cash for the car over the phone. It was described as "mint condition and so good it defies its actual miles and looks like its done more like 10k miles" Immediately on delivery I noticed straight away, car park dents, some scratches, kerbed wheels and damaged tyre, all of which I was told the car was free from. The car also had a low oil warning light (oil below minimum amount) and needed a litre and a quarter to have the oil level where it's needed to be. I have reason to believe the well regarded 120 point used car checks where not done on this car, and a car which is A BMW flagship model.

Now I have put my private plate on, which I have now been told to remove by yourselves as the car is being rejected, and in the meantime, while this now lengthy process is ongoing, I am insuring, taxing, and I have also incurred other costs all the while the car sits in the compound at BMW Ashford, and I have no other means of transport.

I have alerted senior positions about this case and I would like their input, I am sure they are probably unaware or understand and situation changes and the added extra stress is something I definitely do not need. However, more importantly I would like to know if they are happy with this customer service, and what has happened and what is still ongoing?

Thanks and look forward to your swift replies.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I’ll be honest, this approach invites discussion, explanations and rebuttals. My communications would be much more brief.

“Thanks for your recent communications regarding the CS. As you are aware I have formally rejected the car. It is currently with another dealer as part of the fault assessment. Any further action between the two of you and/or BMW (and any arrangements you make between these third parties) is immaterial to my rejection of the vehicle.

Please advise what you require from me to process my refund in a timely fashion.

Regards

Boba Fett.”

From here on in I’d adopt an “I don’t give shit. Give me a my money back” approach. If it were me, whatever they respond with I’d write back “ok. Thanks for your email. As you’ll be aware none of this affects my ability to exercise my rights. Please advise what you need from me to process my refund in a timely fashion”.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
I’ll be honest, this approach invites discussion, explanations and rebuttals. My communications would be much more brief.

“Thanks for your recent communications regarding the CS. As you are aware I have formally rejected the car. It is currently with another dealer as part of the fault assessment. Any further action between the two of you and/or BMW (and any arrangements you make between these third parties) is immaterial to my rejection of the vehicle.

Please advise what you require from me to process my refund in a timely fashion.

Regards

Boba Fett.

This will be the next email sent.

Thanks Mate.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Unfortunately this process takes a bit of time and it’s genuinely complicated by the involvement of the other dealer. Technically it’s your responsibility to return it to the supplier. Just a case of asking them if they want you to do that or leave it with the other dealer.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Unfortunately this process takes a bit of time and it’s genuinely complicated by the involvement of the other dealer. Technically it’s your responsibility to return it to the supplier. Just a case of asking them if they want you to do that or leave it with the other dealer.

Have you ever done it before?

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Have you ever done it before?

No but I know a few folk who have. My business partner had to reject a Q7 after 10 months. Basically within the first 30 days, if there’s anything wrong with the car at all, you can take it back and get your money back. So you’re in the driving seat here. Even if they fix it, it doesn’t matter.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d

They have said they will collect the car, but if they are funny about it after my recent emails, I'm still not sure they would want me to drive it back to them with an engine fault and loss of feeling and control in my right foot!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
No but I know a few folk who have. My business partner had to reject a Q7 after 10 months. Basically within the first 30 days, if there’s anything wrong with the car at all, you can take it back and get your money back. So you’re in the driving seat here. Even if they fix it, it doesn’t matter.

I suppose that's the strangeness of all this , I would be intent on making this go as smoothly and as quickly as possible, putting this behind me, almost going into damage limitation mode. With their kind of behaviour it could make someone want to damage an already poor reputation even more so!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
They have said they will collect the car, but if they are funny about it after my recent emails, I'm still not sure they would want me to drive it back to them with an engine fault and loss of feeling and control in my right foot!

If they’ve said they’ll collect it then all is good, no?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
If they’ve said they’ll collect it then all is good, no?

Oh yes, all good but that was days ago with the salesman, since the case has now been transferred to the used car sales manager things have changed and all this other faff has come to light!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Oh yes, all good but that was days ago with the salesman, since the case has now been transferred to the used car sales manager things have changed and all this other faff has come to light!

Ah ok. In that case. Regardless of his response i’d just say something along the lines of “thanks for clarifying but this doesn’t change the situation in terms of my rights and the relationship between XXX BMW and myself as a customer. You’ve already agreed to collect the car from XXX so please advise what else you need from me to process my refund.”

These guys will always try to film-flam to protect the sale or their own bottom line. If they can get a case with BMW maybe they can get the car repaired under the approved used scheme and bill them for it. Maybe they can’t do that of the car doesn’t belong to a customer. Who knows? You just need to stand firm and avoid getting embroiled in any anecdotal pish from them.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ah ok. In that case. Regardless of his response i’d just say something along the lines of “thanks for clarifying but this doesn’t change the situation in terms of my rights and the relationship between XXX BMW and myself as a customer. You’ve already agreed to collect the car from XXX so please advise what else you need from me to process my refund.”

These guys will always try to film-flam to protect the sale or their own bottom line. If they can get a case with BMW maybe they can get the car repaired under the approved used scheme and bill them for it. Maybe they can’t do that of the car doesn’t belong to a customer. Who knows? You just need to stand firm and avoid getting embroiled in any anecdotal pish from them.

Another lovely stalling response !!

Good Evening,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns. Our phone discussion earlier helped clarify the exact requirements.

I completely empathise with the frustration you're experiencing regarding your BMW, especially with the vehicle currently at BMW Ashford. Please rest assured, we're actively engaged in resolving this matter with utmost urgency.

Maintaining direct communication with both BMW UK and Ashford BMW, particularly with Sophie, has been crucial in expediting the resolution process. Today, I personally spoke with Sophie, outlining the necessary steps to progress your formal rejection request. Unfortunately, the delay in Ashford BMW's assessment until Tuesday remains outside our control.

Your proactive efforts in contacting Ashford BMW to gather essential information are appreciated. Once we receive the necessary details and confirmation of the fault from Ashford, we'll promptly forward these to BMW UK to proceed with the acceptance for rejection. This aligns with the fault found within the initial three weeks, in line with your consumer rights. Anticipating the Tsara from Ashford BMW, as requested, should aid us in concluding this process promptly.

However, it's crucial to note that if an official fault isn't found, we might encounter challenges in accepting the formal rejection request.

As discussed earlier today, once we obtain the necessary information and confirm the fault, we'll coordinate the vehicle's collection directly from BMW Ashford. Upon receipt of the vehicle, we'll proceed promptly with a full refund to finalise the process.

Please be assured, your request for rejection has never been questioned. It's vital for us to adhere to guidelines and confirm the fault with BMW before proceeding further.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Youve got two options.

1. Challenge what it’s got to do with BMW in the first place and push for a refund immediately.
2. Wait for them to go through their process.

I’d run with option 2. Simply because that you’ll be in the middle of fighting them on by the time the info comes back from BMW anyway.

They seem to be reasonable here anyway. They want agreement that the car is faulty from BMW rather than just take the other dealers word for it, before they accept the rejection request.

Which isn’t unreasonable.

I’d let that play out and go from there. You’ve got additional tools to fall back on if things don’t go smoothly. I

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Youve got two options.

1. Challenge what it’s got to do with BMW in the first place and push for a refund immediately.
2. Wait for them to go through their process.

I’d run with option 2. Simply because that you’ll be in the middle of fighting them on by the time the info comes back from BMW anyway.

They seem to be reasonable here anyway. They want agreement that the car is faulty from BMW rather than just take the other dealers word for it, before they accept the rejection request.

Which isn’t unreasonable.

I’d let that play out and go from there. You’ve got additional tools to fall back on if things don’t go smoothly. I

Its just tiring. sitting doing emails as if I haven't better things to do. If I wasn't put off the car when it first started, I certainly am now.

Its been in BMW since Monday and I want it gone now.

Thanks for your help though I appreciate it.