Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competitions and much more. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Boba's Lime Rock Grey BMW M4 CS

XAlp

Test Pilot
Drives
Volvo XC90 T6
The gear box surround is a bit dull without anything. But I don’t like the differing alcantaras. Personally don’t like the CF wheel trim, but etto on that.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
The gear box surround is a bit dull without anything. But I don’t like the differing alcantaras. Personally don’t like the CF wheel trim, but etto on that.

Think I am with you. I don't think it needs it!

"Boba just leave the damn thing alone"

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
2023 G80 M3 Competition X-Drive
Well all fitted, but I am not as happy as I thought I'd be, mainly the Alcantara around the gear know is black, and the CS's is a Anthracite !

What do you guys think before or after, because its either keep or remove all the carbon just the steering wheel will look odd!

That is a bugger!

100% say the carbon works well, but there's too much alcantara in a CS to have an odd bit.

Sorry mate, just being honest - can you get a different one, or have it retrimmed to match?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
That is a bugger!

100% say the carbon works well, but there's too much alcantara in a CS to have an odd bit.

Sorry mate, just being honest - can you get a different one, or have it retrimmed to match?

Nah, I'm going back to as it was. I tried. I hadn't realised either that the CS steering wheel is not just plastic its leather trimmed, just looks more classy I think!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Nah, I'm going back to as it was. I tried. I hadn't realised either that the CS steering wheel is not just plastic its leather trimmed, just looks more classy I think!

I told you it's a tough car to mod, already brilliant out of the box!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d

Left the Carbon gear knob on, you can hardly tell its carbon and strangely matches the door cards, and I really don't like the Silver Knob!

This looks better as well!

Che

Test Pilot
Drives
R8 v10+
Pretty sure you can take the carbon surround off with a bit of fiddling and put it onto your original gear surround if you wanted to keep the effect without the black alcantara. Sure I remember someone on cutters doing it.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Pretty sure you can take the carbon surround off with a bit of fiddling and put it onto your original gear surround if you wanted to keep the effect without the black alcantara. Sure I remember someone on cutters doing it.

Thanks but I'm done fiddling with this car, think BMW nailed it really. Just gonna enjoy it! Which I have to say I am !

Reactions: Che

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Keep it. In the last photo you can’t tell the difference. Looks ace.

I think one odd shade throws it.

The first pic below is of the M-Performance armrest, which has 4 different shades of alcantara. Second pic is the knee rests which replace black trim and are coloured in the darkest of the four shades, to reflect the same colour as was there effectively, so I could 'get away' with different shades in the car.

The contrast is obvious on pic to - darkest to lightest.

Boba's CS is all one shade.

2.jpeg

1.jpeg

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
I think one odd shade throws it.

The first pic below is of the M-Performance armrest, which has 4 different shades of alcantara. Second pic is the knee rests which replace black trim and are coloured in the darkest of the four shades, to reflect the same colour as was there effectively, so I could 'get away' with different shades in the car.

The contrast is obvious on pic to - darkest to lightest.

Boba's CS is all one shade.

View attachment 3251

View attachment 3252

Depends on how different it looks in the flesh. I had all of the M performance parts on my M4 and the alcantara from the gear surround was the same as the armrest. Doesn’t look that different in the pics to me. I’d stick with it just to have the carbon surround.

Denso

Chief Engineer
Drives
E46 M3 Ruby 1 of 6, Audi TTRS Vorsprung
Depends on how different it looks in the flesh. I had all of the M performance parts on my M4 and the alcantara from the gear surround was the same as the armrest. Doesn’t look that different in the pics to me. I’d stick with it just to have the carbon surround.
+1 on this you can never have too much carbon and Alcantara.

Denso

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d

I think this pictures demonstrates the colour difference more, its also the shape that makes it more prominent and I can't put up with that. So its gone!

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
I think this pictures demonstrates the colour difference more, its also the shape that makes it more prominent and I can't put up with that. So its gone!

Doesn't work for me either mate. Right choice!

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well, an update!

The M4cs has an engine issue. I noticed a rather loud knocking taping noise when cold for about 3 minutes, then slowly faded away as it reached temperature. It was not right. Ive not used the car, the weather has been shocking and last Saturday which was a nice day thought I would clean and go out in the car. While waiting for the car to warm and standing outside I then noticed this knocking noise. So had the car 10 days and done and just 15 miles in it. I took a video of it and went to BMW. Two techs said thats not at all right. I booked the car in at the BMW dealer to be diagnosed thinking (and it might still be the start of Spun crank hub) but at present and what they would investigate first is the Exhaust Camshaft carrier alignment issues. This is a known problem where the crank does not get torqued up correctly from the factory and then later down the line moves and starts doing damage, if its not that, and that does not cure the problem then its probably a new engine. All this will be covered under warranty.

Now if it was a 320d I would welcome work and a possible new engine, but on a CS I don't think I am warm to the idea. I would like to know your thoughts on this?

Anyway I have thought long and hard if I still want to go through and get this fixed, however given the other issues, I have experienced, at this stage I have decided to formally reject the car!

Bit gutted but I feel its the right thing to do.

Burnsey

Chief Engineer
Drives
Wuld be surprised if anyone didn't agree with you mate. Needs to go back and sadly, we do seem to hear of more horror stories from this dealer.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
Yep. Time to get out whilst you still can without any hassle.

These boys haven’t exactly filled you with confidence from the beginning. The oil issue for example.

You have to be head over heels in love with it thinking you’d never get another to justify keeping it.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Yep. Time to get out whilst you still can without any hassle.

These boys haven’t exactly filled you with confidence from the beginning. The oil issue for example.

You have to be head over heels in love with it thinking you’d never get another to justify keeping it.

...and thanks for your shoulder mate!

I'm over the car now, its sat at BMW Ashford, and that's where is will stay until they collect it. Just want it gone and my money back. I have not got the clout of any finance company either, so the longer I keep it the tougher it will get to reject.

Does anyone know, what happens, does the car get returned and then I get my money back, or do they pay me back and then arrange collection, on line seems to suggest both can happen! The reason I ask is because knowing the dealer ship, they are so slow, never call back and probably won't be in any hurry to arrange collection!

Its also cost me money, put my plate on it, bought some things for it, insured it etc..?