Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, BMW Forum

Welcome to Deutschespeed.com the newly launched community for German Performance car lovers. The site is in it's launch phase at the moment and so content and membership is small (but growing). Soon we'll have competition prizes and and a live ad campaign to help build the community. If you'd like to be apart of what's going on, sign up and join in!

Boba's Lime Rock Grey BMW M4 CS

Grunty-Motor

Pit Crew
Drives
X3M, MX-5, R1250GS and zx6r track bike
Fook - just caught up on this.
No way i would want that car.
Hope you get to resolution quick

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Just uploaded the knocking noise. Its gets louder and best to move to 1 minute onwards once cold start and revs drop

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
This dealership is appalling. All the higher management and CEO have been emailed Friday morning, and they all have appeared to have gone quiet now, won't answer emails or are unable to speak on the phone. So the motor Ombudsman and BMW Complaints UK are now investigating!

I didn't even know, but there is a 14 day cooling off period if you decide to return the car! Mines within day 1 of buying the car and its not as described and not fit for purpose with an Engine issue diagnosed after 9 days.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Audi R8 V10+ • Taycan GTS
This dealership is appalling. All the higher management and CEO have been emailed Friday morning, and they all have appeared to have gone quiet now, won't answer emails or are unable to speak on the phone. So the motor Ombudsman and BMW Complaints UK are now investigating!

I didn't even know, but there is a 14 day cooling off period if you decide to return the car! Mines within day 1 of buying the car and its not as described and not fit for purpose with an Engine issue diagnosed after 9 days.

14 day cooling off period for a distance sale usually. Did you pay for it remotely or in the dealership?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
14 day cooling off period for a distance sale usually. Did you pay for it remotely or in the dealership?
Hi mate, Never saw the car or went to the dealership, paid for it over the phone and the car was delivered to me by them on a trailer.

It looks like Ashford BMW don't want to get involved now, and said they would rather not deal with Sytner BMW Sheffield as they are being quite demanding on getting the problem diagnosed with evidence and pictures!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Hi mate, Never saw the car or went to the dealership, paid for it over the phone and the car was delivered to me by them on a trailer.

It looks like Ashford BMW don't want to get involved now, and said they would rather not deal with Sytner BMW Sheffield as they are being quite demanding on getting the problem diagnosed with evidence and pictures!

Ahhh! OK. if that's the case then EVERYTHING else is totally irrelevant.

If I were you I would stop speaking to Ashford altogether now and just tell Sheffield, you;ve had enough. You're in touch with the Ombudsman who have advised that your cooling-off rights apply here and that you're not interested in anything else other than how to plan to receive the car and keys back and when you're getting your refund.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Ahhh! OK. if that's the case then EVERYTHING else is totally irrelevant.

If I were you I would stop speaking to Ashford altogether now and just tell Sheffield, you;ve had enough. You're in touch with the Ombudsman who have advised that your cooling-off rights apply here and that you're not interested in anything else other than how to plan to receive the car and keys back and when you're getting your refund.

Ha- I've done that already and they said the 14 days cooling off period only applies if I took out finance!!

This is what I am dealing with, they have not got a clue!

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Ha- I've done that already and they said the 14 days cooling off period only applies if I took out finance!!

This is what I am dealing with, they have not got a clue!

Muppets. He's confusing distance selling regulations with the Consumer Credit Act.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Muppets. He's confusing distance selling regulations with the Consumer Credit Act.

I know, this used car manager is just a complete halfwit, totally punching and out of his depth in his managerial position. I fully intend to name and shame, and make sure accurate reviews are submitted.

BMW Ashford don't want to get involved with them now and told them to refund the customer and then arrange for the car to be collected, but apparently it fell on deaf ears! I fully expect Sytners to say to me tomorrow, that they will have the car returned to them and they will carry out the fault finding and diagnose the problem!!

I don't care what they do, as long as they refund me first.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
I know, this used car manager is just a complete halfwit, totally punching and out of his depth in his managerial position. I fully intend to name and shame, and make sure accurate reviews are submitted.

BMW Ashford don't want to get involved with them now and told them to refund the customer and then arrange for the car to be collected, but apparently it fell on deaf ears! I fully expect Sytners to say to me tomorrow, that they will have the car returned to them and they will carry out the fault finding and diagnose the problem!!

I don't care what they do, as long as they refund me first.

I’ve found the key to these situations is not to get bogged down trying to correct these idiots and just stick to “when am i getting my money back?”

You’re 100% correct. Any fault diagnosis or repair is nothing to do with you. They can do what they like but it doesn’t affect the outcome.

It’s a real shame because on the surface, it’s a belter of a car.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
It’s a real shame because on the surface, it’s a belter of a car.

I did like that car, but with what's gone on, I now just see it as a Lemon, that's going to be problematic, brought from a back street dealer masquerading as a BMW main dealer.

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Well, the financial ombudsman had to step in and so did BMW UK. My money was returned today by the CEO of Sytner BMW Sheffield.

pursuing costs incurred next but for now, I feel better.

I will put up an awareness post so it highlights issues with this M4CS when someone search’s for the reg, as I would like to avoid what happened to me, happening to someone else.

moonstone

Tyre Kicker
Drives
Well, the financial ombudsman had to step in and so did BMW UK. My money was returned today by the CEO of Sytner BMW Sheffield.

pursuing costs incurred next but for now, I feel better.

I will put up an awareness post so it highlights issues with this M4CS when someone search’s for the reg, as I would like to avoid what happened to me, happening to someone else.

Glad you got it sorted mate. Sounds like the used car sales manager went off the reservation a bit. Whether he was chancing his arm or is ignorant of the rules remains to be seen but you’re sorted anyway thankfully. I’m assuming that they’re just sorting the mess out between themselves and Ashford?

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Glad you got it sorted mate. Sounds like the used car sales manager went off the reservation a bit. Whether he was chancing his arm or is ignorant of the rules remains to be seen but you’re sorted anyway thankfully. I’m assuming that they’re just sorting the mess out between themselves and Ashford?

Yes they are, but Ashford have refused to play any part in this cars diagnosis or repair as they have found the used car manager demanding and rude! They are only serving to store the car until Shiteners arrange collection.

I have given them the opportunity to reimburse me any monies spent as if the sale never happened, and I have informed them if this happens I will refrain from any reviews and feedback and the likes, as the sale did not happen! if not, the sale did happen, I am out of pocket and I will go full retard!

Last edited:

Senna11

Racing Driver
Would be interesting to know what was actually wrong with the car if they ever complete a full diagnosis

boba fett

Racing Driver
Drives
320d
Would be interesting to know what was actually wrong with the car if they ever complete a full diagnosis

They did, they diagnosed it as the exhaust camshaft carrier alignment (AKA bearing ledge issue) they said its quite common and a service solutions known problem. Most they have done have resulted in the car needing new cams and lobes and in some cases a new head. He said mine is not as loud as some that have come in, as the noise is more apparent when the car is cold and people don't notice it until its to late. But once its starts it quickly begins to mess up your engine up. They are 75% confident its this, however can only be 100% sure Once they strip down and get to the cams and access the damage and movement, if its not that then its bottom end and possible start of spun crank hub and needs a new engine!!

Glad its gone!